First of all, if you've newly found your way to my blog because of Me-Made-May, WELCOME! M-M-M outfit photos will be forthcoming. But in the meantime, please enjoy a little regular feature here at Stacyverb called Weekend Countdown. This week's list highlights images I just can't stop looking at.
5. Marco Grob's photo of Lady Gaga for Time's 100 Most Influential People list. I love how stylized this portrait is. Her pose, the colors...she looks like a living piece of sculpture. (Plus, duh, a bra that shoots fireworks is just plain awesome.) In her write-up about Gaga for Time, Cyndi Lauper wrote, "Being around her, I felt like the dust was shaken off of me." I love that quote. Don't we all need more things that make us feel that way?
4. Smitten Kitchen's Cabbage and Lime Salad with Roasted Peanuts. With the warming weather, I've been craving fresh, crunchy veggies. These photos from Smitten Kitchen had me salivating this week. Following Deb's links, I found a passage on her blog in which she neatly describes her relationship with coleslaw: "I’ve never been a fan of coleslaw, as nearly every one I had ever tried was god-awful. I thought it was because I didn’t like cabbage, but this has turned out not to be the case. Then I thought it was because I didn’t like mayonnaise, but this, too, turned out to be a farce.[...].As it turned out, it was coleslaw, the way it is typically prepared (read: scooped from bucket of mysterious origin and packing date), that I loathed." I feel exactly the same way! It's like we're slaw twins.
3. This dress by Seth Aaron Henderson for the season finale of Project Runway. When I saw this dress come down the runway, I literally gasped. I think I also might have yelled, "Stop it! You're killing me!" He took gingham (gingham, of all things!) and made it look edgy. I would love to find a way to make something for myself inspired by this dress. It's chic, fun, sexy, and doesn't look a bit like a tablecloth.
2. Images of the "deadliest place in the solar system." Go here to see more images sent back to earth from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory. They're jaw-droppingly scary and undeniably gorgeous. Make sure you watch the video for some hot solar prominence action!
1. Amy Polcyn's Marigold Sweater from the Summer 2010 issue of Interweave Knits. As soon as I turned the page and saw this, I knew I was in trouble. Helloooo, this whole outfit is screaming my name, right? The shape of the sweater, the shirtdress, the headband, the colors...I'm a goner. Time to rearrange the project queue yet again. Sweater? Yes. Shirtdress? Yup. Oh, and sometime soon I need to tell you about the first time I ever made a shirtdress. It's an epic tale involving Grace Kelly, Chattanooga, and hot dogs. Stay tuned!