Most people with creative-type hobbies have certain UnFinished Objects (UFO's) that just kinda hang over their heads. Maybe you started something but then got distracted (by a new project, probably), or maybe you've reached a point where the next step is something less than fun. Well, I have quite a few of these types of projects in my life right now, and I've decided to take advantage of this rainy weekend to make some progress on them!
5. Spinning wool for future sweater - I'm still working (sporadically) on the spinning project I showed here (yes, over a year ago). My current plan is for this handspun yarn to grow up to be a cozy cardigan like this eventually. That's Wendy Bernard's Indigo Playmate sweater from Custom Knits. I'm still a looooong way from the point where I can start the actual knitting process, though.
4. Speaking of knitting, I have a bad case of Second Sock Syndrome. Using this hand-dyed wool/silk blend yarn, I started sock #1 on March 2 and raced right through it. Now that the weather is warm, wool socks aren't really on my mind, and sock #2 is mocking me. I need to make progress on it before I lose interest completely!
3. As you've probably noticed, I've been very focused on sewing lately. This red linen has been in my stash for two years, and this weekend it will finally take the first steps in becoming an actual garment. Stay tuned for details and a progress report.
2. On the subject of stash-busting, for well over a year I've been meaning to make some pajamas out of the pink flannel print shown on the left of this photo. Last week I finally started working on them, and this weekend I intend to finish!
1. The more people can see my jewelry, the more people can buy my jewelry. So I've decided to try setting up an Etsy shop for Stacybeads. This is my top priority for the weekend. It'll be a lot of work, but hopefully fun as well!